SolidWorks is computer-aided design (CAD) software owned by Dassault Systèmes. It uses the principle of parametric design and generates three kinds of interconnected files: the part, the assembly, and the drawing. Therefore, any modification to one of these three files will be reflected in the other two. Solidworks helps you perform 2D and 3D modelling, and this CAD software is known for its ease-of-use and intuitiveness.
SolidWorks software enables you to:
Design very precise 3D objects
Double-check your file’s design
Maintain a library of your 3D filescreate 2D drawings
Create images and animations of your 3D objects
Estimate the manufacturing cost of your 3D objects
– Upon successful completion of this book, you will be able to:
* Sketch on planes and/or planar surfaces.
* Use the sketch tools to construct geometry.
* Add the geometric relations or constraints.
* Add/modify dimensions.
* Explore the different extrude options.
– The following 5 basic steps will be demonstrated throughout this exercise:
* Select the sketch plane.
* Activate Sketch pencil .
* Sketch the profile using the sketch tools .
* Define the profile with dimensions or relations .
* Extrude the profile .
– Be sure to review the self-test questionnaires at the end of the lesson, prior to moving to the next chapter.D